3 Prominent Authors and Researchers Propose Global Network of Cities
|Benjamin Barber, senior research scholar, CUNY; renowned political theorist and urbanist; author, If Mayors Ruled the Word: Dysfunctional Nations, Rising Cities|
|Richard Florida, leading urban studies theorist; Director, the Martin Prosperity Institute; author, Who’s Your City? Senior editor for The Atlantic|
|Don Tapscott, Executive Director, Global Solution Networks; best-selling author; leading authority on innovation and the social and economic impact of technology|
More on the Global Parliament of Mayors Project
- Preliminary Agenda for Global Parliament of Mayors planning meeting, Amsterdam September 19, 2014
- 2014 Global Parliament of Mayors events
- Benjamin Barber discusses giving mayors more control over global policy on TED.
Related Content and Analysis
|Mayors get things done. Should they run the world?|
|Can Mayors Save the World?|
|Bloomberg Focuses on Rest (as in Rest of the World)|
|New mayors of old cities meet over common problems|
|Why Mayors Need a UN-Like Organization of Their Own|
Press Release 5 August 2014
- Global Parliament of Mayors: Can Cities Change the World?
- Proposal for a new model of global problem solving.
Related Cities Organizations